I have heard women saying that they are not really fond of make up or they simply just don’t do it because it is too much of a hassle and they don’t know how to start or where to start. Others tend to do it wrongly also putting one element after another. Honestly, I myself struggled on how to really do it properly. Primer, concealer, foundation, powder and all those stuff! Oh geez! Where does one start?
- Begin with a makeup primer – this is a makeup product that you put on before you apply makeup so that it doesn’t crease ,the colour is more vibrant and lasts longer. Apply a small dot on each quadrant of your face and gently blend in.
The types of makeup primers are :
Face primer (before foundation and after moisturizer)
Eye primer (before eye shadow)
Lip primer (before lipstick)
Lash primer (before mascara)
- To hide those blemishes and dark spots, apply a Concealer. Apply a dot on the affected area and blend well. Allow it to dry.
- Apply your foundation. Dot the foundation along your T-zone (forehead, cheeks , nose and chin). Make sure that you choose your foundation well, study your skin tone and get that foundation that best fit your complexion.
- Using a setting powder, lighty dust entire face preferably using a large fluffy brush. Blend the powder in by gently buffing your entire face with the brush. To prevent lines on your face choose full and soft powder brush.
- You are now ready for the colors! When I say colors, I mean the eye makeup, the blush and the lipstick. You can either start putting on some color to those pretty cheeks or do the eye makeup first (I prefer to do my eye makeup first).
A simple eye makeup guide
- Begin with applying the lightest color around the eye area then a slightly darker shade to the lids and blend well. Then apply the darkest color to the crease of your eye. Blend with a clean eye shadow blush.
- Next, the eyeliner. Now you have to be careful with this as an eyeliner can either enhance your eyes or will give you a scary look! I prefer putting an eyeliner on my upper eyelid and just a little line on the lower (especially when it’s black).
- Now you are ready for the mascara. Curl your eyelashes and enhance it with a mascara, go for second coat to emphasize it.
- Blush – remember not to overdo it. Apply to the apples of your cheeks. Blend your blush from the apples of your cheeks all the way up to your hairline. To help define your jawline, apply blush along your jawline. Finish by dusting your face with translucent powder.
- Finally the lipstick – choose a color that will complement the eye makeup. Here’s HOW TO APPLY LIPSTICK PROPERLY.