December is no doubt the season for parties! It is also the season where most of us let ourselves go for the meantime because we just can’t help it! Food is just everywhere! Who can resist? But Personally though I knew I didn’t want to let myself go and have to keep watch on my diet because I have to look good on my OOTDs for all those holiday parties I will be attending! HAHAHA! Call me vain, but who wouldn’t want to look amazing on every outfit? Well I tried! So here are my top three favorite #OOTD from the different Holiday Parties I attended.
The Leopard Printed Romper
I am always skeptical about wearing rompers as I am afraid I’d end up looking like an overgrown baby! Rompers can be tricky so it is really important that you know how to style it, choose the right romper and pull it off and come out sophisticated. Here’s mine! Wore this during our Bloggers Thanksgiving dinner and Clubbing later part of the night.
I am among those ladies who have always been scared to put that piece of stripes on despite the fact that I am fascinated by it especially the black and white ones. Well, for one, I gained too much weight over the years and I just know stripes won’t do my body any justice – vertical stripes that is! And I find horizontal stripes weird too! So I made a conscious effort to avoid wearing stripes or anything with pattern. Fast forward 2016, I shed off weight I still have this fascination over stripes and I noticed it has become a thing lately so I said to myself, screw the rules! Let’s go stripey! 😀
Don’t get me wrong, that time when I was so scared of stripes, I think I was just paranoid and focused much on how it can make me even wider. But you know what? I realized that stripes is for everyone! No matter what your size is, stripes is for you! Forget all about the rules, if you like it, wear it! Not confident or kind of lost where to start? Well, I hope you’ll find these tips below helpful in choosing the perfect stripes that will suit your body type.
- Hourglass – You are lucky if you have this body shape! Curvaceous figures can pull off any pattern – stripes too. But to accentuate curves, wear horizontal stripes to add focus to your hips and bust.
- Petite – for small women, you will want to maximize your height. Opt for thin, vertical stripes to elongate your figure.
- Pear – for you ladies out there with bigger bottom halves and narrower shoulders, go for a horizontal stripe top to create the illusion of a bigger torso.
- Apple – If you have a larger midsection, you would want to go for vertical or diagonal stripes.
- Rectangle – For the ones with ‘straight up and down’ body type, without carrying weight in one particular area, horizontal stripes with varying width can look fabulous. If you’re wanting to create the illusion of more curves, choose larger stripes.
- Look for fabrics that follow the shape of your body and have structure.
- Even if you are wearing side-ways stripes, create a dominant vertical line down your body by putting on a cover-up, jacket, or vest. Use a scarf or a necklace to create that long vertical line down your body.
“Being stylish means standing out…yet fitting in at the same time..”
Hola ladies! I’m back with my OOTD scene! I know it’s been a while since my last update and I am so guilty for kind of falling out of the fashion blogging wagon the past days. Though I consistently post OOTDs (Outfit Of The Day) on my Instagram account, I awfully fail to blog about them. Schedule’s been crazy busy lately, new home, workout, work, and God knows what else! I pretty much compiled my OOTDs though so here sharing some of them (yes, more than one of my OOTDs).
Wore this one on one of the recent dinner meeting with my blogger friends with one of the country’s giant Telcos Social Media and Marketing team. Thanks to friends who have such great fashion sense :D.
Top: Floral Prints I got from one of the local stores
Jeggings: Cotton On
Went for a quick lunch with some friends and old colleagues I have missed so much! Actually it was a christening lunch and I had so much fun. I didn’t want to go overdressed so I decided to go simple with this.
Top: Got this from one of my favorite online store Zalora. I just love Zalora Fashion!
Skirt: Cotton On
Bag: My Closet
Another meeting with my blogger friends. I was feeling girly so I don’t know, perhaps I just find this look, young and sexy! This outfit lasted til midnight just because I have tons of things to attend to and I didn’t have time to change. lol! Anyway, I recommend checking out Next Clothing to get this look. They have tons of cutesy stuff for women.
Top: My closet
Shorts: Scalloped shorts courtesy of my baby love Diane 🙂
Browsing through my instagram photos I realized that I have more gym OOTDs! hahaha! Will definitely share them soon here!
Thanks for dropping by!