How to Rebond Hair the Cheapest Way
Finally my long wait is over! I just had my hair rebonded and guess what? I did not really spend so much to have my hair done (rebonded). I always had my hair straight but then I got bored with it and decided to have it curled. You know girls, always worried of how we look..I actually liked the curl effects on me, it gave me a different look…Until again I got bored of it and also I began to worry since I noticed frequent hair falls and my hair became hard to manage..I am almost afraid of combing it because of the hair fall whenever I do that and the breakage is just terrible! So then I decided to restore my old hair and old me but I was worried of the expenses because my hair is very long (waste length). I’ll be spending a fortune if I’ll have this done in the parlor.
So me and my friends decided to do it ourselves!! (geezzz! none of us ever did this before promise!) surprisingly I did not worry a bit! Our philisophy was “As long as we know how to read and follow the instruction, we will not go wrong!” So off we went to a beauty care store and asked the sales lady which hair rebonding treatment is best to use, she gave us a lot of tips and told us, there’s not much of difference between manufacturers. It all depends on how the chemical is applied and how the rebond is done. Okay, so we learned a lot from her. For my hair I decided to have AhGlow since according to the saleslady it is what my favorite parlor uses and it’s also a bit cheaper compared to Wella. For these 5 I spent 1,100 PHP and mind you, I did not consume all of it so I can still use it next time, my mom wanted to use it anyway . When I went back to the office, we were happy to know that a lot noticed and gave me great comments and even asked who did it and how much did I spend for it!
I’ll show you how to do it and the result of my hair after the jump..
Here’s what we did
What You Need:
- Ahglow rebonding system
- Glad wrap
- Hair blower
- Ceramic iron
Procedure: (I’m making this the easiest way possible to understand)
- (Unwashed hair) Using the strengthening cream, apply it into hair. Make sure you cover all the hair. Do it portion by portion.
- Comb Hair (im not sure but as the application increased, we were no longer able to comb my hair as it became hard to do so), we continued to step 3 anyway
- Using a glad wrap cellophane – wrap your hair.
- Leave it on for 20-30 minutes. In my case since my hair was from curling treatment (8 months ago by the way so it’s safe to rebond), we had it for 45 minutes.
- Wash hair and do not shampoo.
- Blow dry hair and when damp, spray on the Ahglow keratin Hair Protek and continue to blow dry hair
- Iron the hair using your Ceramic Iron (should be paper thin each iron). Note that this part will take so much time since you have to iron hair carefully. Do not leave the iron into hair longer than 3 seconds.
- Apply Neutralizer Cream, the same manner that you did with the Strengthening cream. Leave for 15-20 minutes again.
- Rinse hair and this time use the Ahglow Keratin Conditioner (I think using other conditioner will do).
- Blow dry again your hair and when damp, spray on the Ahglow keratin Hair Protek and continue to blow dry hair
- Iron hair again using the Ceramic Iron. Apply small amount of Ahglow Hairkote, enough to make it shiny.
There you go!! That easy, no need to go to the parlor. This is even cheaper with the same result or even better than going to the salon! By the way it took us 6 to 7 hours to finish my hair. See results below.
My curly hair
Newly Rebonded Hair
Taking Care of your Newly Rebonded Hair
Here are some basic but important UNSTRUCTIONS and some “Do’s and Dont’s” that you must strictly follow during the next 48-72 hours (2-3 days) AFTER your rebonding
1. DO NOT SHAMPOO OR WET YOUR HAIR
2. DO NOT USE CLIPS OR RUBBER BANDS
3. DO NOT PULL YOUR HAIR BACK OR TUCK IT BEHIND YOUR EARS OR STYLE IT INTO A PONYTAIL
4. DO NOT WEAR SUNGLASSES ON TOP OF THE HEAD
5. DO NOT WEAR HATS OR ANY HEAD GEAR
6. DO NOT USE ANY STYLING PRODUCTS
7. DO NOT ALLOW HUMIDITY OR SWEAT INTO YOUR HAIR
8. DO NOT COLOR, BLEACH, HIGHLIGHT OR PERM YOUR HAIR FOR 10 DAYS
There you go! hope that helps! I already washed my hair by the way and the result is still awesome! Welcome back my crowning glory!