Been thinking of how gorgeous red lips are lately. With correct choice and application, red lips makes the face look gorgeous instantly. It never goes out of style and is here to stay. Here are some beauty tips on how you should wear that red lipstick.
- Match your skin tone. true reds work best on a pale face, while olive skin calls for brown-reds or mahogany shades. If your complexion is pink, you’ll look better in plum shades, while girls with yellow tones are flattered by warmer reds that have a brown base, according to celebrity makeup artist Jemma Kidd in Harper’s. Also, if your teeth are yellow, a red lipstick with blue undertones will make them look whiter.
- Red lips should be accompanied by a subtle, natual-looking face. Go light on the eyes and the blush, otherwise you’ll risk looking like a clown. Just dust face with powder and cheeks with a soft blush.
- Skip the eyeliner. Just go for mascara only instead, but be watchful of your hair color so not to overwhelm the eyes. (black for brunettes, brown for blondes and redheads),
- . Decide on your shine level. Glossy or matte? A moister lip looks more modern. but a matte formula stays on your lips longer and won’t feather. Experiment to find the right one for you.
- Red lipstick tends to bleed, so fill in lips with lip liner first. Use a neutral liner. Although using a lip liner in a different shade than your lipstick sounds counterintuitive, Choose a shade that matches your natural lip color.
- Apply lipstick correctly, Apply lipstick from the tube or using a lip brush (which eases color into tiny lip lines) over the liner. Blot once with a tissue, and lightly dust with face powder. Apply one more coat of lipstick, and you’re set.
- Lips are red already, so do not overdo it with red nails at the same time. A clear polish or light color is cool, and dark polish is a trend that shows no sign of going away anytime soon.
More beauty tips and lip care tips for you dear readers here!