Not all women are blessed with flattering curves like Beyonce, Carmen Electra, Jennifer Lopez, etc. But wait! should you be intimidated by your extra weight and not dress up to look fabulous? Oh no! don’t cover up your figure with tent dresses! Here are few rules and tips to accent your best features. Promise it’s not hard to do at all, you just need the right judgment and do not force yourself to follow the trends just for the sake of being IN! Remember, you choose your own style and your own trend!
1. Choose darker colors as the basis of your wardrobe: navy, black, charcoal gray.
2. Use undergarment foundations: from all-in-one shapers to control top pantyhose.
3. Focus on playing up your best features, for example showing off shapely legs with a knee-length skirt.
4. Choose fabrics that don’t cling, avoiding stiff or bulky textures.
5. Use accessories to draw attention to your face: scarves, earrings, etc.
6. Avoid anything too tight or clingy.
7. Make sure you scale your accessories — from your handbag to your earrings — to your size.
8. Add small shoulder pads to sweaters and other knit tops to make them hang better.
9. Choose clean-lined clothing without big embellishment or buttons.
>> Prints should be scaled for your body — no ditzy prints if you are large. In general, it’s the space between prints that makes them unflattering, so look for prints that have overlapping images.
>> Don’t shy away from sleeveless garments, especially eveningwear that you can cover up with a shawl, sheer top or bolero jacket.
>> Don’t think that baggy clothes make you look slimmer. Body-conscious clothes that hint at your curves, without being clingy or tight, are the most flattering.