It’s the rainy days again!If we’ll do a checklist what’s inside our bag..1 item is going to be a sure find. Not your lipstick, not your phone, not even your wallet. It’s your Umbrella! The purpose of an umbrella is simple: to keep you dry when it’s raining. There was a time when umbrellas were as much a fashion accessory as a handbag is today, but over the years, that status has faded. The advent of the cheap tote umbrella eclipsed the stylish umbrella. In recent years, however, the fashionable umbrella has made a resurgence, and now you can and should coordinate your umbrella with your outfit to make a chic fashion statement.
Here are some basic tips so to stay still fashionable even in the middle of a pouring rain.
1. Move beyond basic black. While a black umbrella may match a lot of outfits, it’s not really a fashion statement if everyone has the same umbrella. If you want to sport a black umbrella, look for one with a subtle pattern or design to make it more original.
2. Accent your outfit with your umbrella. Rather than matching a gray suit with a gray umbrella, match the umbrella to an accent color in your outfit like the color of your blouse or scarf. This will make your umbrella stand out instead of blend in.
3. Match the patterns in your raincoat to the patterns in your umbrella. If you are wearing polka dots, opt for a polka-dot umbrella. Even if the colors don’t quite match, the patterns will communicate the theme nicely.
4. Consider a monochromatic look. A great way to incorporate an umbrella into your outfit is to wear different shades of the same color. This can work for umbrellas with or without patterns.
5. Coordinate the handle of your umbrella to your shoes or bag. You can find umbrellas with leather, rattan and wood handles that can match your other accessories. Handles also come in various colors and with designs of their own.
6. Take a page out of Tokyo fashion photos. In Tokyo, umbrellas are as essential an accessory as great shoes. Check out Japanese fashion magazines for examples of how to incorporate umbrellas into your wardrobe.