I received an invitation to a VIP night prior to a huge establishment opening in our city. Whenever I receive exclusive invitations such as this, I always go to the “Attire” part of the invitation as I do not want to be neither overdressed nor underdressed. This time, the invitation says I should be in Casual Chic. Though automatically it registered a simple pants and a fabulous top with sexy pumps to complete the look, I still have to double check to confirm the picture in my mind.
According to ehow.com – Casual chic is a combination of casual and fashionable dress. The term describes a type of dress code that is comfortable, but also stylish and fashion-forward. The casual half of “casual chic” embodies clothing that is traditionally comfortable, like jeans, cotton or khaki pants, and flowing dresses; the chic half embodies precision tailoring, bright colors and a few feminine details and accessories to bring a touch of class and sophistication.
Hmmmm..I am after all right! Now,the next challenge would be putting together a smart and sophisticated, Elegant, but not overdone outfit for the night. Here are some casual-chic outfit I personally love to sport.
Here are some tips in sporting a casual chic getup.
- A pair of pumps are much more relaxed than heels
- A oversize cardigan is very casual and cool.
- Try big curls this adds to your chic style.
- Smoky brown eye-shadow is a good natural-ish way to glam up.
- Look at programs like 90210 for inspiration.
- Accessorize simply! Simple really, just don’t put on every little accessory you have. Just put on the ones that help an out fit be together, if it isn’t necessary then just don’t