Who wouldn’t want to look great and fabulous in photos? Definitely me! I admit I have tons of “selfie” photos and there are times where I don’t quite like the outcome. tags anyone? Sorry! I filter what goes in my timeline! ahhaah! Seriously though, wouldn’t it be nice if in every photo we look great? except for the stolen ones maybe.
For who love to pose or even those who don’t love it as much, here are some helpful tips:
- Looking good in front of a camera is all about confidence. Practice posing in front of a mirror at home. If you think it looks good, it probably does.
- Work The Angle! There’s nothing wrong with a full-frontal smile, but a universal and handy trick is to tilt your chin at an angle. Be sure to keep a long, swan-like neck while pointing your chin down slightly. It’s a small adjustment but can make a major difference. Your face will look thinner and you won’t have a double chin.
- If you are photographed standing, remember these: Belly in, buttocks tight, shoulders back, spine straight. If you are to be photograph sitting down, be conscious of the placement of your legs. Turn your knees to the angle to avoid awkward stances, give your body some shape, and make your legs look longer, even if you’re in (or on) a booth.
- Go easy on makeup, little is more. Photos exaggerate everything so make sure not to put too much color unless you are a model and the aim is to exaggerate!
- Avoid wearing patterns! don’t wear horizontal stripes or crazy patterns. Opt for neutral colors over bright ones unless you are one hundred percent certain that color looks great on you.
- To create a slender image, play Ms. Teapot. That’s putting your hand on your hip. Or if it’s too cheesy for you, keep your shoulders back, and hold you arms slightly bent and away from the body — same effect.
Did you know that an outdoor shoot in the morning or late afternoon is great? The light is more flattering at those times actually :). So now you know, make sure that on your next pose, you’d be as confident to flaunt that smile of confidence.