Shave off 10 pounds from you figure sans diet and exercise with these quick-fix tips and tricks that’ll yu have looking slimmer, better and sexier in an instant!
1. The most common misconception is that bigger clothes will make you look slimmer (NOT true!). Fight the temptation to drown your figure in loose frocks. Instead, wear body-skimming (as opposed to skin tight) clothes which will give you a more flattering shape. Pile on lightweight vertical pieces (think long cardigans, scarves, necklaces) to build a body-lengthening look without the bulk.
2. Go Monochromatic. Wearing varying shades of one color makes your body look longer and leaner. t might seem tough to pull off, but I promise it’s easier than it looks! If nothing else, rocking a single shade will make you look at your wardrobe with fresh eyes and help you see new clothing combinations that you never would have thought of otherwise. So pick your favorite color and let’s get going! Below are some tips to rock that monochromatic outfit.
- Look for contrast within the same hue. Mix navy and sky blue, army and lime green, or goldenrod and light yellow to get the monochromatic look without resembling a crayon!
- Stay away from neutrals. Rocking an outfit made entirely of black, white, or another neutral is hardly a challenge! Push your style boundaries and try something daring.
- Create contrast with textures. Mix satin with sequins or cotton with suede to add interest.
- Stay away from pairing shades that are too similar. If the colors of your top and bottom are just a little bit off from each other, it will look like your outfit is accidentally clashing rather than intentionally monochromatic.
- Try it with denim. If you want a more tame way to rock this challenge, try wearing a blue top, blue shoes, and blue accessories with your favorite pair of jeans.
- As always, wear with confidence! Because, after all, your attitude and aura can make or break any outfit. 🙂
3. Size your accessories according to your body frame. Accessories are like everything else that you wear; they create optical illusions on your body. Petites should go for tiny baubles while fuller figures should slip on bigger extras. Everything needs to be in proportion.
A good rule of thumb is to match your accessories to your body size. For example, if you have slender wrists, big chunky bracelets will highlight that. If you have short stubby fingers a big chunky ring will highlight that.
Some Points to Remember:
Accessories wise, if you’re taller or fuller figured, avoid delicate jewellery as this will make you look bigger, equally if you’re petite, chunky heavy jewellery will dwarf you.
4. Fake a model-worthy stance by slipping into a pair of high heels that’ll stretch your silhouette and make you look less frumpy. Metallics and neutral-coloured shoes are very good for leg lengthening, as there’s not as much cut off as the colour is closer to the skin.