As promised, I will show you pictures of those shoes I have reinvented. I was so inspired to do all these and just as thrilled in using them. I swear I love them all! Check out my newly beautified wedges.
These are my old Charles and Keith wedge. Got these from Singapore some 3 years ago if I remember it correctly. The outer part of it have cracked up already so I should’ve considered throwing it away already. Well actually it’s been out from my shoe rack for quite a while. While I was busy “glitterizing” a salvaged ukay flats, I saw my beloved wedge lying there lifeless and well, ugly! I decided to glitterfy it and see what happens. I was so amazed with the outcome! I swear I can still use them for parties. You may refer to my DIY post on how to do this.
And this one is another unused wedge stored in my shoe-rack. A local brand Mags, which by the way is gaining popularity nationwide. It’s still okay but for some reason I find it already boring and so hard to match up with. So! Since I am in the mood of “re-invention-ing” my shoes, I decided to give this one a try.
-Thumbtacks (I used 4 boxes of 100 pieces/box)
-Nail Polish (yes azzz in nail color – caronia, revlon or any brand)
- Clean both shoes.
- start pinning the thumbtacks on the wedge’s platform. You may start wherever you are comfortable.
- Fill out the entire heels with thumbtacks. You can leave out spaces in between of totally fill it in.
- After filling in the heels with thumbtacks, brush them with glue and let it dry.
- Color each strap with your desired color (start with white – acts as the primer).
- Color each thumbtacks head with different nail colors you love (I used 5 colors with mine).
- Finish it up with colorless (both straps and thumbtacks) and let it dry.
Please leave a comment if you love this post and share it with your friends! 🙂