Who doesn’t love sales? We all have this moment where we just love one thing and we hold it off because we know it’s going to be on sale real time! So if you are the fashionista who love the “on sale” event, here are some strategies and shopping tips that might help.
- Hit major chain department stores first. With more merchandise for turnover, they host better sales.
- Stake out the three-day sales at major malls during payday week-end. Go early on a Friday. You’ll get first debs on merchandise and you won’t have to battle with hordes of people.
- If your size is sold out, ask the salesperson to check the store’s inventory at other branches.
- Before buying, inquire about the return policy. Chain stores are usually lenient, but most boutiques don’t allow you to return sale items. Carefully consider the purchase and scrutinize the stitching and buttons on every sale item.
- Always keep your receipts, just in case.
- If a discounted item you love is a size too big, buy the steal find anyway and have it tailored.
- Befriend a salesperson. She’ll alert you when an item you want goes on sale, and she may even put it aside for you. Better yet, simply sign up for stores’ email lists so you’ll be notified whenever they have special sales or promos.
- If there’s a “buy one, get the next one at 50 percent off” promo and you just can’t seem to find another piece that catches your fancy, don’t push it. Or shop with your sis or friend so you can both benefit from these kinds of sales.