Acne scars are red hyper pigments on the skin that are caused due to pimples and zits. Acne scar treatment is easy if the acne is does not come back on the same area of the skin again however it becomes hard to remove the permanent acne scars if acne lesions reoccur.
You should start treating acne lesions before having to regret the loss of tissues (holes) or the excess fibrotic scarring your system creates when it reacts with a strong inflammatory response, for then acne scar treatment ain’t gonna be easy or quick.
Causes of Acne Scars
- Unprotected exposure to sun.
- Popping the pimples & zits. Squeezing or popping the pimples creates small craters in the skin, making it difficult to remove acne scars.
- hormonal & genetic reasons.
- Some more causes of acne scars are diet, unhygienic conditions and stress.
Depending upon the severity of acne, the scars may take few days to several months to heal. Generally these scars are catagorised in to 2 types:
1. Scars due to added tissues: This occurs due to increased tissue formation on the skin.
2. Scars due to loss of tissues: This type of scars is more common and is further categorised in to deep acne scar, Ice pick acne scar and Depressed fibrotic acne scar.
The following are ways to remove Acne
- Natural treatments. Using natural remedies is the best way to cure mild form of acne. This method employs the home ingredients in treatment of acne.
- Herbal remedies. Based on herbs that have been used since ages to improve the skin and get rid of zits and pimples.
- Laser method to cure acne. An expensive but very effective way to remove acne scars.
- Treatment by Benzoyl Peroxideto remove acne and preventing the formation of acne scars.
While we are very much concerned on removing the scars brought about by acne, we should always bear in mind being cautious to what we do that may eventually lead to acne breakouts. Stop acne before it even starts.