The term Varicose Veins commonly refers to the veins on the leg although varicose veins can occur elsewhere. Having them on your legs are subject to high pressure when standing and ften painful, especially when standing or walking.. They are abnormally and irregularly swollen veins (the blood vessels that return blood to the heart from the body tissues). Unfortunately women are more prone to having this than men.
- Aching, heavy legs (often worse at night and after exercise).
- Appearance of spider veins (telangiectasia) in the affected leg.
- A brownish-blue shiny skin discoloration near the affected veins.
- Redness, dryness, and itchiness of areas of skin – termed stasis dermatitis or venous eczema, because of waste products building up in the leg.
- Cramps may develop especially when making a sudden move as standing up.
- Minor injuries to the area may bleed more than normal and/or take a long time to heal.
- In some people the skin above the ankle may shrink (lipodermatosclerosis) because the fat underneath the skin becomes hard.
- Restless legs syndrome appears to be a common overlapping clinical syndrome in patients with varicose veins and other chronic venous insufficiency.
- Whitened, irregular scar-like patches can appear at the ankles. This is known as atrophie blanche.
Home Remedies for Varicose Veins
- Apply cider vinegar to the varicose veins in the morning and evening till the veins starts shrinking. This is a good home remedy for varicose veins.
- Apply vitamin E oil or witch hazel tea to the affected areas. This is a good home remedy for varicose veins.
- Natural remedy for varicose veins – Raw vegetable juices especially carrot juice in combination with spinach juice has been proved beneficial. It should be taken in a proportion of 300 ml carrot juice and 200 ml of spinach juice.
- A hot Epsom salt bath is also effective and should be taken twice a week. this is one of the best varicose veins cure.
- Massage oil of rosemary gently into an affected parts. This is also one of the good home remedies for varicose veins.
- A mudpack can be applied over the area at night and can be left till morning.
- The alternate hot and cold hipbath is very valuable and can be taken daily.
- The nutrient vitamin C is also effective in the varicose veins treatment and should be taken in a therapeutic dose of 3000 mg. This is a good diet for varicose veins.
- The affected area can also be sprayed with cold water or cold pack can also be applied over it.
- Sunbathing is also helpful in dealing with varicose veins.
- Varicose veins treatment – Various yoga postures like viparitakarni, sarvangasana, sirshasana, padmasana, gomukhasana, vajrasana and shalabhasana are also beneficial as they drain the blood from the legs and reduces pressure on the veins.
- Make a mixture by adding 2 cups of chopped calendula flowers and leaves, and stems with an equal amount of melted lard. Leave the mixture for 24 hours and then reheat and strain. Apply this over your varicose veins. This is one of the effective home remedies for varicose veins.
- Potatoes, starchy foods, condiments, alcohol, coffee, strong tea, white flour products and white sugar should be avoided. This is not a perfect diet for varicose veins.
- Flex exercises and deep breathing exercises are the best varicose veins remedy.