Tsubaki oil comes from the seeds of the Camellia Oliefera plant or tree that grows in the high mountains of Asia and Japan. It is rich in oleic acid and vitamins A, B, D and E as well as nourishing Omega 3, 6 and 9 and has been widely used by Geishas in Japan over the years for great looking skin and hair.
Knowing how amazing Tsubaki Oil, I got so excited when my favorite hair and skin care brand Hairfood Co. launched Tsubaki Oil among their line of essential oils perfect for the Asian beauties.
Here are 5 reasons why I super love it!
- Non Greasy Feel! The molecular weight of the oil is an almost identical match for skin that I absolutely love it when I apply it on my face as it does not leave me feeling greasy nor does it feel heavy after application. It is full of essential fatty acids and lipids that are similar to those that you find in your skin so definitely it is perfect. It absorbs into the skin just about as fast as water making it great for all Skin Types so whether your skin is Normal, Oily, Combination, Dry, or Sensitive, you won’t go wrong with Tsubaki Oil. Use it also for stretch marks, and lines too. It gets right down into your elastin and collagen of your skin and helps to keep your skin looking healthy. Simply massage 3 to 4 drops on the area.
- Hair Care – Just like the top layers of the skin, the hair is made up of similar protein, keratin. So therefore Tsubaki Oil is perfect for the hair because its lipid structure is recognized by the hair. Put on Tsubaki Oil on hair after wash preferably from the middle down to the ends and leave it on. OR you may want to massage it into your scalp and hair and leave it on for half an hour and then rinse it off.
- Makeup Remover – another thing I love with my Tsubaki Oil is it makes removing my makeup super easy especially my eye makeup (talk about eyeliner!). Simply apply a small amount of oil and use a cotton to remove the makeup! Seriously easy plus it does not irritate
- Great for Body Care – Tsubaki Oil is a nutrient and antioxidant-rich skin moisturizer and softener and its fatty acids contain powerful agents for retention and enhancement of skin moisture. Since it is fast absorbing, it penetrates deep into the lower layers of skin enhancing natural cell growth. Apply it on damp skin preferably after shower to get the following skin benefits;
- Moisturizes, nourishes and softens skin
- Restores elasticity
- Diminishes fine lines and wrinkles
- Repairs stretch marks such as in after pregnancy
- Heals minor acne scars
- Nails and Cuticle Care – yes! This is how versatile Tsubaki Oil is! For softer, smoother, and healthier nails and cuticles, put in few drops of tsubaki oil on a cotton and wipe to nails and cuticles. Best to do this after shower. This softens dry or brittle nails and rough cuticles, Keeps nails nourished, smooth and shiny, and helps alleviate discomfort from dry skin under.