Before the pandemic my regular workout routine included going to the gym for my dose of strength and weights training and going to the Sports Center for a run. That’s 4-6 days a week of going out just to workout and stay in shape. And then the pandemic made its entrance disrupting our lives! We all had to adjust our daily routines – some literally their way of living.
Personally, though I often go out to workout and stay active, staying at home or working out at home is never a problem so I didn’t have much issues adjusting to the highly encouraged “Stay at Home” policy since I often workout at home whenever I can’t make it to the gym or to the oval. A lot of friends asked me how I maintained an active lifestyle despite the quarantine. Well, first I must say, the commitment to stay fit and active is the biggest factor. Because frankly, you can have all the resources right infront of you but still no workout is done just because your excuses is stronger than your commitment. So there, your commitment and your answer to the question “How much do I want this?” matters A LOT! . Quarantine or No Quarantine, if you really want it, you’ll go and get it! If there’s a will, there’s a way” – RIGHT? To that I agree!
In this time of the pandemic, it is high time that we up our fitness game! now is definitely not the time to give up our fitness routine just because we are scared to go to the gym (despite most gym have reopened). Do take note that being physically active can improve your health both mentally and physically. It reduces the risk of developing several diseases like type 2 diabetes,and cardiovascular disease. Regular exercise boosts self-esteem, mood, sleep quality and energy, as well as reducing your risk of stress and depression. AND it keeps the excess weight off especially if you are confined at home or if you have shifted in working from home. So NO EXCUSES okay?
Aim for at least 30 minutes a day
It will not take so much of your time so I hope we will not make time an excuse to not take care of oneself. To maintain health and reduce your risk of health problems, health professionals and researchers recommend a minimum of 30 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity on most, preferably all, days.
Recommended Home Workout
- The easiest form of exercise is running, jogging, or walking and I suggest doing it early in the morning. Find a place nearby your home where you can run, jog, or walk. Make sure to abide by the safety guidelines and rules implemented in your community.
- High Intensity Interval Training Workout – This is a generally combined short bursts of intense exercise with periods of rest or lower-intensity exercise. Workouts that alternate hard-charging intervals, during which a person’s heart rate reaches at least 80 percent of its maximum capacity usually for one to five minutes,with periods of rest or less intense exercise. Check out my home workout video below.
Here are my top 5 youtube channels for my home workout fix (HIIT, Full Body Strength workout, Dance Workout etc.). No cost, equipment-free functional fitness that let you workout at home, outside, or anywhere you have space.
- POPSUGAR Fitness – POPSUGAR Fitness offers fresh fitness tutorials, workouts, and exercises that will help you on your road to healthy living, weight loss, and stress relief. What I like about Popsugar Fitness is that the workouts available in their channel is so diverse that it covers almost all types of workout no matter which fitness level you are in.
- HASfit – Coach Kozak and his wife Claudia are awesome! They offer over 1,000 full length, free workout routines and complete 30 – 90 day fitness programs for all goals and fitness levels. Their free workout plans include exercise routines, meal plans, and the best motivation to keep you moving forward.
- Evolve Functional Fitness Workouts – I super love love their routines! It’s badass and it kicks my butt most of the time! Choose from routines based around building increased strength, agility, core balance, total sports performance, or tennis and golf, plus bonus stretch and yoga routines. You can choose your workout depending on your preferred length of time (25-min, 45-min, or 65-min) and your fitness level!
- Joanna Soh Official – She is a certified Personal Trainer (ACE), Nutrition Coach and Women’s Fitness Specialist (NASM). She basically covers everything! I love how she explains even what to eat according to your body type and the kind of workout recommended for you to lose weight fast! Find workout videos and ideas, nutrition tips and advice on healthy eating, as well as recipes to make your fitness journey a smooth one!
- Mark Kramer Pastrana – For those who loves to dance, this youtube channel is definitely for you! All cool, popular, and latest tiktok dance craze are here! Zumba your heart out with TML Crew Kramer!
There! I hope with the help of these youtube channels, you will start to move and start your own fun fitness journey! Let me know which one you find most helpful and adequate for you and when you’ll start! 🙂